There are numerous events associated with the week before a ships commissioning. All events are by invitation only, including the commissioning ceremony. Many of these events are coordinated by the Commissioning Committee, but supported by donations from various private and corporate sponsors. The Commissioning week events include:
- Commissioning Committee Reception. An invitation only event for the commissioning committee and Chairman’s Circle where the committee and Chairman’s circle have an opportunity to meet the crew, sponsor and see the ship in a smaller, more personal environment.
- Sponsor’s Luncheon. An invitation only luncheon where the Ships Sponsor and her guests have lunch with the Commanding Officer and other crew members followed by a private tour of the ship.
- Chairman’s Reception. The crown jewel reception of the Commissioning Week. An invitation only event, attended by Navy and Government leaders, OMAHA crewmembers and others who have helped with the commissioning efforts with their guests. This reception provides a forum for the Captain, Commissioning Committee Chairman and crewmembers to meet the individuals and Thank them for the support the commissioning and everything they have done to help bring the future USS OMAHA (LCS 12) to life.
- VIP Morning Breakfast. An invitation only breakfast prior to the Commissioning Event. This breakfast is an opportunity to meet the principal participants in the ceremony, senior Navy, Government and Community leaders, Industry leaders, and other key supporters of the Commissioning event. Conducted immediately prior to the actual OMAHA commissioning, attendees are provided a designated parking area and transportation and from to the Commissioning event.
- Commissioning Ceremony. The ceremony marking the official entry of USS OMAHA (LCS 12) into the active fleet of the U.S. Navy. An event to remember, click here for more information on the commissioning ceremony.
- Post-Commissioning Reception. Held at the site of the Commissioning immediately following the Commissioning this reception provides food and beverages for all attendees and participants. Tours of the ship are also provided.
Be part of HIstory
Participate in the Commissioning Week Events